Whether you're boating on the lake, eating barbecue at an afternoon picnic with friends and family, or watching the fireworks from a roof-top patio with your someone special, the outfit you choose to wear should not only feel comfortable enough for the summer heat but also pay appropriate respect to the red-white-and-blue. Afterall, 'tis the season to salute 'Merica's Independence!
Fortunately, there is inspiration everywhere as celebs embrace summer trends, and below I've picked 5 of my favorite celeb-inspired 4th of July outfits to give you a few ideas if you're still scratching your head.
1. Kourtney Kardashian in Frame Denim Le Skinny De Jeanne white ripped jeans and a Finders Keepers blue striped off-the-shoulder top is a subtle nod to patriotism. Worn with any obvious pops of red, this outfit runs the risk of red, white and blue overkill, so keep the accessories simple and use a lightweight red lipstain instead.
2. Lauren Bushnell's Cupcakes and Cashmere Kirei Floral Romper in Poppy Print is the perfect combination of flirty, feminine and patriotic. The color combination of the print is a great way to get your RW&B fix now from a piece you will still enjoy for the rest of the summer.
3. Taylor Swift's Bordeaux-hued Reformation two-piece screams date night roof-top patio party to me. The two-piece dress is so on-trend this summer so this is another piece you'll wear again and again. Bonus - you can also mix and match the pieces (I'd love to see a black bodysuit worn with the skirt or the top worn with high-waisted destroyed jeans) to create about a billion outfit combinations.
4. I never thought I'd see the day where Lindsay Lohan would reappear on a style-inspiration list, but girl looks great in her Blue Life Paradise one-piece. I'd love to see this worn under perfectly destroyed blue jeans for fireworks-watching after the pool party.
5. Last but not least is Alessandra Ambrosio in A.L.C.'s Elodie top, Re/Done Leandra High Rise Rip Crop Flares and Schutz Enida Cork Heels as the perfect finishing touch. I love Alessandra's model-off-duty boho vibe, and once again, this outfit kills. Absolutely perfect for a July 4th picnic and beyond.
Shop these looks and more Independence Day inspiration here: